Artificial intelligence (AI) is very much in vogue today owing to its use in a variety of applications. Its most popular use case is OpenAI’s ChatGPT (an AI powered chatbot) that can answer a host of queries. A close ally to ChatGPT is Google’s BARD (Better Accessible and Responsible Development) launched in June 2021.
Now let’s dive deeper to understand which of these large language models is better.
OpenAI’s ChatGPT has been trained using the transformer model. This model can synthesize bulk texts to discover linguistic patterns and is useful for any type of query. Both these models can provide answers to a variety of queries. The key differentiator of course is in the way these models are trained and constructed. The way they utilize natural language processing for generating a human-like response.
ChatGPT Vs. BARD: KEY DIFFERENCES
As of date, there are many choices when it comes to selecting an AI chatbot with conversational capabilities. A comparison has been done below to assist one in evaluating the pros and cons of each and choosing the better one.
ChatGPT Vs. BARD: KEY COMPARISONS
ChatGPT Vs. BARD: USE CASES
1. Customer Service: Good for answering frequently asked questions from customers like shipping & return procedures, products or services, and technical support concerns. Reduces customer support professionals’ workload by improving response time using prompt and precise replies.
2. Language Translation: Text translations can be done for real time chats, emails, and text documents in various languages. It can also be used to enhance the quality of machine translation systems and assist with multilingual customer service by translating customer’s questions and comments in real-time.
3. Content Generation: Summaries of long texts like articles or reports can be created. The summary of original text can be created accurately reflecting its main ideas through text evaluation. ChatGPT can be trained to generate text that’s similar in style and grammar to a given piece of information like social media posts, email marketing copy, or other types of content.
4. Education and Research: ChatGPT can offer individual learning experience to students by evaluating their behaviors. It can assist with research by sifting through materials to identify important facts. Researchers and students requiring access and swift examination of materials may find it fruitful. It can also assist in evaluating students by instantly delivering feedback on drafted assignments.
1. Creative Writing: It can evaluate content pieces and offer comments on aspects like writing style, tone, and structure to help writers hone their skills. It can also provide synonyms, related words, or alternative phrasing tips.
2. Personal AI Assistant: It can assist in managing time and ensuring one never forgets to complete an essential step in a process or misses out on an appointment.
3. Automated Tasks: It uses Google’s AI for carrying out a variety of tasks instantaneously. This includes making reservations at restaurants or travel arrangements. It can also be used to buy things and locate them by using this chatbot.
Hence, we can see that both ChatGPT and BARD are evolving day-by-day and coming out with their latest versions. Both these LLMs have their pros and cons, but selecting the better LLM will depend on your purpose for using it and getting used to irritants like hallucinations. Originally published at https://www.kdnuggets.com/chatgpt-vs-bard